Everyone always talks about how this time of year is so hectic…my whole life is hectic. There’s never a dull moment. I always have stuff going on; between my family, work, and general life stuff I’m busy to say the least. I’m not always a procrastinator but when I am it’s always at the wrong time. It’s in these moments that I know I have to make a list and get s*it done! Make list loving a priority and you will discover it is a key to staying sane!
There are easy ways to make list writing a priority and get s*it done!
If you want to get semi-organized like me, you’ll need some supplies. I like the happy planner, Ink Joy Gel Pens, a to do list pad, or your favorite notebook. It’s also kind of nice to set up a bullet journal for keeping track of various to do lists! Also, these stickers make everything better…plus they encourage me!
I can’t stress this enough: making a list will only work if you can actually motivate yourself to do the work. Figure out what motivates you and dangle it in front of yourself as a reward. If you can’t get motivated nothing is going to help you, not even a perfectly organized list!
Best Tips to Make List Loving a Priority & Get S*it Done:
- Sit down for two minutes and write down EVERYTHING you have to do.
- Put even the small stuff on the list.
- Dress up the list so it’s interesting to you.
- Cross things off as you finish them.
- Be productive, work at your list for 1 hour and then give yourself a five minute break
- Work in some rewards, binge some episodes, head out with friends, whatever motivates you!
- Delegate work that does not absolutely have to be completed by you.
- If the list is longer than you can manage cut out some items: prioritize your life!
- Make a list for home stuff and a list for work stuff.
- Don’t put unnecessary items on your list.
- Keep your list visible. If you have to use an electronic list make sure it is pulled up on your phone, computer, tablet, or tv.
- Put the items in order of importance.
- Put easy items on the list for motivation if necessary. (It’s nice to cross off “get a shower” some days!)