Blue Margaritas Pitcher Recipe | Drunken Mermaid Pitcher Margaritas
The only thing better than a delicious margarita recipe is when that recipe is big enough for a pitcher. This blue margaritas pitcher recipe is easy to make and can serve a crowd. It may just be the perfect summer party cocktail recipe.
An essential summer party tip is to have delicious summer cocktails ready to serve, like this blue margaritas pitcher recipe. Margaritas might just be the best type of cocktail out there.
You can make margaritas in just about any fruity flavor or flavor combination. But then there’s the consistency of the drink. You can make margarita slushies or serve them on the rocks.
The number of combinations those options give us can be stunning. There are hundreds of different margaritas you can order, and all of them taste amazing. That is why margaritas are the perfect party drink.
You can make big batches and pitchers of margaritas that are delicious and easy to make. There will surely be enough for everyone, and you won’t break a sweat. This blue margaritas pitcher recipe is perfect for summer parties.
The color of the margaritas alone will be perfect for a summer-themed party. But this recipe uses a lemonade flavor as the base. There are also notes of pineapple from a pineapple seltzer.
Ultimately, this margarita recipe screams summer and belongs at summer parties. But the best part is, this recipe is a pitcher recipe. That means you can fill as many pitchers as you want with these margaritas and then store them in the fridge.
Just pull out one pitcher at a time as your party progresses so everyone can enjoy some ice-cold drinks.
Blue Margaritas Pitcher Recipe | Mermaid Margaritas
Summer is the perfect theme for any party, and you don’t have to do much. The season does most of the heavy lifting. You can add some more theming with things like beach balls, water themes, and bright summer colors.
But another easy theme for summer parties is mermaids. You can host a summer party that has a beach theme and then sprinkle mermaids throughout the event. These margaritas can serve as mermaid margaritas as well.
There was a time when mermaids were all the rage, and they still can be. We just need a reason to throw a summer party like a birthday, anniversary, holiday, or any day that ends in y.
Mermaid Margarita Pitcher Ingredients
- 2 Cups Tequila | Tequila is obviously very important for this summer cocktail. You can use any tequila you like for this one as well. Of course, the better the Tequila, the better the cocktail. But you may want to save the good stuff for a different time.
- 1.5 Cups Blue Curacao | Blue Curacao is a liqueur that uses the peel of the laraha citrus fruit found on the island of Curaçao. The liqueur gets its blue color from food coloring. But that blue, sweet flavor is going to tie this margarita together.
- 1 Cup Simple Syrup | Simple syrup is a common ingredient in cocktails. It adds sweetness to the drink without watering it down. You will not want to skip this ingredient as you will miss it when you take a sip.
- 1.5-2 Cups Lemonade | This ingredient is on a scale because it all comes down to preference. You can add more to get a sweeter flavor or not as much to make room for more alcohol. The choice is yours.
- 1 Can Pineapple Hard Seltzer | The seltzer will give the margaritas a fresher taste. But the pineapple also adds more flavor to the mix that combines nicely with the lemonade and laraha fruits.
- 2 Lemons | These lemons will need to be cut into slices. You can use skewer these with pineapple and cherries for a unique look.
- Salt and Sugar | You will be able to rim the glasses with salt and sugar as well. This is usually done to help make the taste even better and give the glass a fun look. Of course, you can’t add this to the rim of the pitcher, so this would be for glasses only.
Blue Margaritas Pitcher Recipe Directions
Mix the salt and sugar together on a small plate and set aside.
In your pitcher, combine the Tequila, pineapple hard seltzer, lemonade, and simple syrup. Stir to combine.
Add the blue curacao and stir. If you don’t get your desired color, add more.
Prepare the glasses by rubbing a lemon slice along the rim of each glass. Set the glass rim into the salt/sugar mixture to coat it.
Skewer the pineapple, cherries, and lemon onto the cocktail stirs.
Fill each glass with margarita from the pitcher and add your skewer garnish to the glass.
If you want to cut the sweetness, leave 1 inch of room after pouring and top your margarita with club soda. Be sure to stir lightly after.
Blue Margaritas Pitcher Recipe
- 2 Cups Tequila
- 1 1/2 Cups Blue Curacao
- 1 Cup Simple Syrup
- 1.5-2 Cups Lemonade Depending on preference
- 1 Can Pineapple Hard Seltzer
- Club Soda Optional to cut sweetness
- White Sugar For glass rim
- Salt For glass rim
- Pineapple Cut into wedges for garnish
- Cherries For garnish
- Lemon Slices For garnish and glass rims
- Mix the salt and sugar together on a small plate and set aside.
- In your pitcher, combine the Tequila, pineapple hard seltzer, lemonade, and simple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Add the blue curacao and stir. If you don’t get your desired color, add more.
- Prepare the glasses by rubbing a lemon slice along the rim of each glass. Set the glass rim into the salt/sugar mixture to coat it.
- Skewer the pineapple, cherries, and lemon onto the cocktail stirs.
- Fill each glass with margarita from the pitcher and add your skewer garnish to the glass.
- If you want to cut the sweetness, leave 1 inch of room after pouring and top your margarita with club soda. Be sure to stir lightly after.
Banana Creme Rum and Orange Juice Cocktail | Banana is another popular summer flavor that you can turn into a cocktail.
Best Beer Cocktail Recipes | Beer in a cocktail just feels right.
Best Tequila Cocktails | Tequila is perfect for margaritas. However, you can make many different cocktails with tequila.
How to Make the Perfect Mojito | Mojitos are refreshing, filled with flavor, and easy to make.
Bulk Mai Tai Recipes | There is nothing more that needs to be said when talking about mai tais and summer.