This site contains affiliate links. Please read our Policies for information.
Drinking games are a fun way to spend time with friends and family in an adult setting. Most drinking games call for liquor or beer. However, wine lovers everywhere should know they can adapt many of the games to fit their tastes. Wine drinking games may not be how most wine lovers like to spend their evening wine party but they’re a great way to liven things up. After all, a wine tasting party should be just that, a party.
Wine drinking games can turn a boring wine tasting party into a party you actually want to attend and you may learn a thing or two.
Whether you went to college or straight into the workforce you’ve probably played drinking games in your past. Classics like Quarters or Never Have I Ever use beer or liquor as the catalyst to the fun. For my wife and I, that poses a problem; we would rather have wine in our glass over a shot of Tequila. Luckily, there are some wine drinking games that are just as fun if not more so.Take a trip back to your twenties and play some wine drinking games with your friends at your next party.
Corked | Corked
Wine-O | Wine-O
Bacchanales Fine Wine Tasting and Appreciation Game | Sentosphere USA
Wine Wars | Joyce Lock
Karafe Wine Tasting Game | Karafe Games
Read Between The Wines | UNCORKED
Wine Smarts Game 2.0 | SMARTS
Wine-Opoly | Late for the Sky
Winerd Trivia | True
Foodie Craze | Trivia Craze
Wine Game Kit | All You Need is Wine
Bonus Games-Kings Cup
You may remember King’s Cup but in case you don’t let’s freshen you up. First, you’ll need a deck of cards and your favorite bottle of wine instead of beer. Take the bottle of wine and place it in the middle of your table. Take the deck of cards and shuffle. Place the cards face down in a circle around the bottle, they can overlap to make room for them all. Each of you picks a card, the person with the highest card will go first and then you’ll work clockwise from there. Each card has a title and action that is to be done when picked.
- Ace- “Waterfall”- Everyone must start drinking their glass until the chooser of the card stops.
- 2 “You”- The player who choose the card must pick a partner who will take a drink every time they do until the next “2” card is chosen.
- 3 “Me”- The player who choose this card must take a drink.
- 4 “Floor”- Everyone must reach down and touch the floor, the last person to do so must take a drink.
- 5 “Guys”- All male players must take a drink.
- 6 “Chicks”- All women must take a drink.
- 7 “Heaven”- Everyone must raise their hands in the air, the last person to do so takes a drink.
- 8 “Mate”- Same rules as “You” except both must drink when the other does.
- 9 “Rhyme”- The player who drew this card must say a word, any word. Then, going clockwise, every player must say a word that rhymes within 10 seconds. The first player who can’t come up with a rhyme must drink.
- 10 “Never Have I Ever”- The player who draws this card must say something they’ve never done, “Never have I ever…” Any players who HAVE done the statement must take a drink.
- Jack “Make a Rule”- Whoever draws this card must make up a rule for the game like, everytime you touch your face take a drink.
- Queen “Questioner”- Starting with the player who drew the card, going clockwise, start a conversation with only questions. The first person to make a statement instead of a question must take a drink.
- King “King’s Cup”- The player who drew this card must pour the remainder of their glass into the King’s Cup and pour themselves another glass. The loser of the game will have to drink the King’s Cup.
While the name of the game is King’s Cup, you could skip the king card altogether. No one would fault you for not wanting to drink a cup filled with different wines.