Best Wine Drinking Games to Play with Friends | For 2, 3, 4, or More People
Wine drinking games can turn a boring wine tasting party into a party you actually want to attend, and you may learn a thing or two. Whether you went to college or straight into the workforce you’ve probably played drinking games in your past.
Classics like Quarters or Never Have I Ever use beer or liquor as the catalyst to the fun. For my wife and I, that poses a problem; we would rather have wine in our glass over a shot of Tequila. Luckily, there are some wine drinking games that are just as fun if not more so.
Take a trip back to your twenties and play some wine drinking games with your friends at your next party.
Corked | Corked
Zingzig Wine Tasting and Trivia Board Game | True
Wine-O | Wine-O
Bacchanales Fine Wine Tasting and Appreciation Game | Sentosphere USA
Wine Wars | Joyce Lock
Karafe Wine Tasting Game | Karafe Games
Read Between The Wines | UNCORKED
Wine Smarts Game 2.0 | SMARTS
Wine-Opoly | Late for the Sky
Winerd Trivia | True
Foodie Craze | Trivia Craze
Wine Game Kit | All You Need is Wine
Bonus Games-Kings Cup
You may remember King’s Cup but in case you don’t let’s freshen you up. First, you’ll need a deck of cards and your favorite bottle of wine instead of beer. Take the bottle of wine and place it in the middle of your table. Take the deck of cards and shuffle.
Place the cards face down in a circle around the bottle, they can overlap to make room for them all. Each of you picks a card, the person with the highest card will go first and then you’ll work clockwise from there. Each card has a title and action that is to be done when picked.
- Ace- “Waterfall”- Everyone must start drinking their glass until the chooser of the card stops.
- 2 “You”- The player who choose the card must pick a partner who will take a drink every time they do until the next “2” card is chosen.
- 3 “Me”- The player who choose this card must take a drink.
- 4 “Floor”- Everyone must reach down and touch the floor, the last person to do so must take a drink.
- 5 “Guys”- All male players must take a drink.
- 6 “Chicks”- All women must take a drink.
- 7 “Heaven”- Everyone must raise their hands in the air, the last person to do so takes a drink.
- 8 “Mate”- Same rules as “You” except both must drink when the other does.
- 9 “Rhyme”- The player who drew this card must say a word, any word. Then, going clockwise, every player must say a word that rhymes within 10 seconds. The first player who can’t come up with a rhyme must drink.
- 10 “Never Have I Ever”- The player who draws this card must say something they’ve never done, “Never have I ever…” Any players who HAVE done the statement must take a drink.
- Jack “Make a Rule”- Whoever draws this card must make up a rule for the game like, every time you touch your face take a drink.
- Queen “Questioner”- Starting with the player who drew the card, going clockwise, start a conversation with only questions. The first person to make a statement instead of a question must take a drink.
- King “King’s Cup”- The player who drew this card must pour the remainder of their glass into the King’s Cup and pour themselves another glass. The loser of the game will have to drink the King’s Cup.
While the name of the game is King’s Cup, you could skip the king card altogether. No one would fault you for not wanting to drink a cup filled with different wines.
More Wine Ideas
How Long Wine Lasts After Opening | Wine is one of those types of beverages that you don’t want to leave open, sitting on the counter for days at a time.
Best Sangria Recipes to Sip on | Sangria is like a wine cocktail that gets better with the right types and quantities of fruit.
Types of Red Wine: A Guide and Tips for Everyone | Do you know the different types of red wines? Knowing them could help make pairing a lot easier.
How to Store Wine | Wine Storage Tips | Storing wine properly is important. It helps keep the wine aging in the right ways.
10 Best Red Wines Under $10 | You definitely do not need to be fooled by big price tags, you can spend just $10 and get a delicious bottle of wine.
this is so great! a bunch of friends and I were just talking about having a game night and I love a wine game night anytime!
These look so fun for a girls night! I had no idea these existed!
Haha, I didn’t even know that there are WINE drinking games! We usually played with Tequila shots and the games were super simple. These ones look like fun!
SO much fun!
I have never played a wine drinking game – I feel like I am totally missing out! These all sound like lots of fun, a great way to spend a weekend night with friends.
I don’t think I’ve ever played any wine drinking games with friends! It sure would be a lot of fun. These all sound interesting! I’m definitely checking them out.
It’s been a really long time since I’ve played a drinking game. If wine is involved I am there!
I never thought about wine games. These are great. What an awesome resource. WiNE Wars sounds so fun!
This is an awesome idea. I am definitely saving this for our next get together with friends…so fun!
HA! Wine games? This sounds like something right up my alley. I love wine and sipping with my friends!
These would make perfect gift ideas for my brother and sister-in-law! They are wine people AND love playing games. I need to save this for the holidays!
Not a drinker here, but I think a good game night with friends would be a lot of fun. Haven’t done that in a very long time!!
Wine games sound like they would pair nicely when wine drinking. I’ve been to a few wine tastings and they can get a bit tedious, even when the offerings are tasty. This is a great way to liven things up.
I totally didn’t realise that wine games were a thing! I’m obsessed with good red wine so am bookmarking this for next time when people come around x
This post surely brought back great memories! Kings Cup sounds like fun but I agree, it wouldn’t be good to drink if it was all mixed wines. ????
I’m not a big drinker but I know a few friends who would love to play these games!
I have several friends who love hosting wine parties. These games would be perfect! I will surely pass on these ideas!
I don’t drink wine but I can imagine this game would be fun to those who do.
These games all sound so fun. I am in desperate need of a girls night in, so this is a great idea.